Tuesday 29 October 2013

Paco Rabanne Black XS perfume: review

The other day I noticed that I was getting a little low on perfume. I have a couple of bottles on my bed side, Lady Million and Loverdose, but I like to have a few to choose from  - perfume is like an accessory, different days warrant different smells, so it is nice to have variety. After all, you wouldn’t want to wear the same accessories day in and day out. 

Whilst I was thinking this, I was also trying to be a good girl and think thoughts my parents would be proud of, ie "save some bloody money"  but then something brilliant happened... the next day, £30 worth of John Lewis vouchers came through the post as part of the reward scheme for using the credit card! 

a new addition to the beauty buys...

So off I popped to John Lewis. 

On the top of my list was Paco Rabanne Black XS. 
A gorgeously rich smell, it is opulent and seductive yet syrupy and sugary.  

With hints of cranberry, Cocoa, Black Violet, Vanilla and Patchouli it is a distinctive sweet, feminine smell. I love it – I would definitely recommend it.

sweet, sugary, syrupy and scrumptious 

I actually used to work on a perfume department, and here are my top tips that I leant about perfume:
  • DON'T store fragrances near hot as the temperature can alter the smell, turning them sharp
  • DON’T rub the fragrance in, rather pat it in.
  • You can also put perfume on pulse points -  behind the knees, ears, wrists, on the neck or in the hollow of your elbows. The skin is thin here and the heat will help carry the fragrance. 

I am still on the hunt for another fragrance so let me know if you have any suggestions!

X x X


No comments:

Post a Comment