Sunday 31 January 2016

Cherry and coconut protein healthy oat flapjacks

I must admit it has been a while since I did any healthy baking, probably because the Boy has been on deployment and he is the main consumer of my healthy treats. But I had a new man in town staying with me on his trip from Cambodia, my dad. And like the Boy, he likes his food.




I whipped up a batch of flapjacks, experimenting with a new flavour combo. I have experimented with flavours before and the basic mixture of oats, a bit of butter, a bit of milk and an egg. Once you have that you are free to experiment with all sorts of flavours.






such a simple snack to make 

This time I added dried cherries and desiccated coconut for a sweet fruity flavour. This is such an easy recipe to make, you’ll have delicious flapjacks in no time - 15 minutes cooking time and about 5 minutes prep! 

That is it. 

All you need for 8 small slices is:

150g of rolled oats
2 scoops of vanilla protein powder
25g of butter, melted (use dairy free for a vegan variety) 
125ml of almond milk (try to use dairy free but normal would work)
Few drops of vanilla essence
Small handful of dried cherries
50g of desiccated coconut
One egg



almond milk adds a more sweet taste 


feel free to add as many cherries as you want! 


First, pre-heat the oven to about 160*c 

In a large bowl, simply mix all the ingredients together. 
Make sure they are well combined so you get an even taste and consistency with the flapjacks 

Grease a square tin with butter (this will make it easier to get the flapjacks out)

Add the mixture to the tin and cook in a pre-heated oven for 15 minutes until golden brown and cooked all the way through (poke a knife in and if it comes out clean it is cooked)

After 15 minutes, take them out and leave to cool...


my new flapjack recipe 


Keep an eye on them when cooking as you want them that delicious golden brown but leave them in too long and they'll over cook and become too dry And quite frankly no one likes a dry flapjack! 

Once cool, cut them up into slices. My dad scoffed two slices straight away but I plan on wrapping mine up and taking it to work for a healthy, protein packed snack. 


Tuck in! 


If you are inspired and want to try more flavours, see the links below to more of my flapjacky treats 



X x X 



Like this? Try these....

chocolate and mint raw oaty snack slice
wheat free banana and cacao nib protein bars
vanilla and date protein flapjacks
apple and raisin protein flapjacks
No bake, raw, almond butter flapjacks
Easy no-bake protein flapjack bites

3 comments:

  1. Just tried these - used coconut oil instead of the butter and added Cranberries as that's what I had in the cupboard! Absolutely delicious and I don't feel bad for indulging! #glutenfreeandvegan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops...not vegan...dairy free I mean!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. sounds delish - I love cranberries - add just the right amount of juciness :-)

    ReplyDelete