Sunday 23 August 2015

Clarins BB skin perfecting cream with SPF 25: review

The BB cream. 

It is has been around for a wee while now but I am still loving them. It is safe to say they are firm fixture in my make up bag.

If you are new to the BB cream, let me share with you the wonders of this 5 in 1 cream.

Unlike a foundation, the BB cream offers a gentle coverage to your skin but at the same times, acts like a moisturiser so if you have dry skin like me, when you are looking for a helping hand in achieving an even skin tine and a little glow, BB creams are perfect!!


great coverage, colour and texture 

This week I have been in Rome and with the sun shining (and therefore drying out my skin) this BB cream from Clarins was my savior - it is thick enough to cover my skin evenly covering any skin imperfections but light enough to not look cakey. I didn't even need bronzer as it is such a lovely colour. 


Plus as most have an SPF in them too, so you are protecting yourself against sun damage, which we should all know now as one of the worst skin-agers. 

So what do they do?!



  • Evens tone and boosts glow
  • Blurs imperfections
  • Smoothes fine lines
  • 24hr hydration
  • SPF 15 UV protection
I have tried a few BB creams of late, and one of my favourites is Clarins BB cream. I have found some BB creams (eg L’Oreal Skin Pefrection) to be a little too light and ‘watery’ for me this one has great texture and coverage.

I first bought this one when preparing for the wedding. Never really having worn foundation before, I was advised by my friends that your wedding day probably wasn’t the day to try as they can often look cakey. 




This BB cream offered me the usual mouisterising properties but hid my imperfections for the up-close-and-personal camera shots with its matte texture. This one is a little thicker than others I have tried which I like as it means I could mix it with a highlighter cream and not affect its potency(I love Laura Mercier's one).

This is at the more expensive end at £28 but I save this one for the weekends. 

What ones have you been using? Let me know...

X x X 

No comments:

Post a Comment