Tuesday 5 August 2014

Garnier softening toner: review

A few weeks ago I went for a skin analysis, which cleverly took "photos" of my skin in microscopic detail (I am not sure on the science of it but it was extremely clever, detailing every sun spot and line invisible to the naked eye!) Generally on the whole, it seemed my skin was in an ok condition but one thing that is quite noticeable on my skin was my large pores. The consultant asked if I was using a toner, which when used after cleansing, tightens pores back up.


toner for dry skin

Although I do, it dries my skin out and so I only use it once every few days. I thought the drying out of skin was normal so didn't even consider that I might be using the wrong toner, as in fact, it isn't meant to dry out your skin and you are meant to use it every day. Seems pretty obvious now she pointed it out.

Anyway, so I set out to buy a new toner, ditiching the old one, in favour of Garnier's softening toner for normal to dry skin, which is also suitable for sensitive skin.



simply soak a cotton pad with the toner and wipe
over face after cleansing 

This toner in enriched with moringa extracts, which is renowned for its antioxidant and purifying properties apparently, perfect for any toner! After using it for a few weeks now, I am pleased with this purchase. Ok, so I can't see if it has worked completely on the pores as I don't have a fancy machine to take ridiculously close up shots of my face, but my skin hasn't been dried out by using this. 


at about £3 a bottle this is a beauty bargain! 

Also at roughly £3.15 for a large bottle, I am pretty happy with this find, it is a bargain! Especially as Boots had an offer at the time so I snapped it up for just £2.10. You can't even buy a fancy coffee for that in Starbucks!

X x X 

No comments:

Post a Comment