Sunday 1 September 2013

Meza - the tastiest Lebanese, Tooting Bec

If you only eat in one restaurant in Tooting Bec then you HAVE to eat at Meza, the most delicious Lebanese food I have ever eaten! I would like to say that this is my favourite restaurant but truth is that this is the first time that I have actually eaten there!  I have eaten the food many a time but it is such a small restaurant and so popular, getting a table takes a week in advance booking, so have only managed takeaways.


The meza menu

Liz, me and Charlie enjoying our Meza 


So, I felt privileged to manage to get a table for three at 7.30pm on a Friday!!!

Although we didn’t actually eat in the restaurant. We were out in the garden, which was well covered under a marquee and actually felt like having a lovely evening meal in your own garden.

delicious falafels 

We went tapas style and ordered loads of dishes to share. Warning – you will order more than you need. And then overeat. A lot.


moutaboul - I could eat this all day 

chargrilled chicken

We opted for the skewered chicken, aubergine dip, hummus, halloumi filled pitta bread, falafel, prawns on rice, cheese filled pastry straws, sautéed potatoes and a mint tea to wash it down. In all honesty I could have skipped the prawns but everything else is a must - you cannot eat there and not have the moutabal (aubergine dip), the chicken and falafels in particular.

cheese. in a pastry. deep fried. 

The falafels were the perfect blend of crispy on the outside and soft on the inside and the chicken was the most succulent and flavoursome. My favourite dish though is the moutabal. I would be perfectly happy to just eaten bowls of that with pitta. Or even on its own.

and more cheese filled deliciousness 

hummus

The dishes look small, but don’t be fooled! It is a great price too. We paid £15 each but we really went to town on the ordering – I usually only spend a tenner. We only needed about two thirds of what we ordered.


these potatoes are addictive

The staff are lovely and the place has a real homely vibe. The place is tiny so expect to cosy up to fellow diners if you are inside. 

fresh mint tea



Yesterday I said goodbye to Tooting Bec as my home but with this gem of a restaurant located a stone’s throw from the station, I will definitely be coming back soon! 

X x X

No comments:

Post a Comment