Wednesday 4 June 2014

Toy Shop, Putney (pulled pork, skin on fries and manwiches)

Last week, after we woke up particularly hungry after We Are Festival (which was amazing by the way) we decided that our hunger for carbs could only be satisfied by some heart food in the form of burgers and chips. Cue our trip to The Toy Shop, in Putney.

the open front makes perfect people watching! 


This is somewhere I have been meaning to go for ages, since I moved to the area in September actually. Every day I pass the row of tempting eateries on Putney High Street and one by one, I am determined to eat my way through them.


With the massive open windows and fun decor, this place is certainly inviting. We loved the interior – clean, breezy and cheerful – and we loved the little touches such as the barbies in the toilet and the buttons on the sofas.



The menu is full of “proper” food. The items that caught my eye were the paprika falafel dog, lobster and crab burger, and the sausage party platter! In the end I opted for the pulled pork sandwich with skin on fries and red cabbage coleslaw. 


our food came served in these lunch boxes! 
Rachel went for the "manwich" 


The cocktails were looking pretty tempting too (like the white tea and lychee martini) but after all we drank the day before we treated our livers to an OJ and lemonade.


sandwiches so big, I couldn't fit it in my mouth! 

We went there in the day but my next trip there will certainly be at night as I can imagine this place has a really fruity and fun vibe after dark. I have been assured from my friend Liz who has been for a night out that it is a fun filled drinking hole for cocktails and nibbles!


Cheers!

X x X

No comments:

Post a Comment